People's Memorial Association Newsletters
2016 Annual Report
2016 Newsletter 2015 Newsletter 2014 Newsletter 2013 Newsletter 2012 Newsletter 2011 Newsletter 2010 Newsletter 2009 Newsletter 2008 Newsletter 2007 Newsletter
People's Memorial Association In the News
- Agewise King County posts the Funeral Consumer Alliance and People's Memorial Funeral Home Price Survey press release. (January 2016)
- Northwest Cooperative Development Center featured People’s Memorial Funeral Cooperative on the front cover of its newsletter (Winter, 2009)
- he Northwest Cooperative Development Center featured People’s Memorial Funeral Cooperative on the front cover of its newsletter (Winter, 2009)
- Rick Anderson of the Seattle Weekly writes an article entitled The Sliding Cost of Dying on the PEOPLE’S MEMORIAL 2009 Funeral Home Price Survey. (Oct 5, 2009)
- Connie Thompson from KOMO 4 News warns consumers about the pitfalls of prepayment, but encourages preplanning for funerals. She recommends the PMA Funeral Home Price Survey as a resource to consumers. (July 3, 2008 )
- The Oregonain Live has a posting from December 7, 2007 reporting on the King County Cremation Tax.
- Seattle Times article on the King County cremation tax. Article announces effort by People’s Memorial Assocation to get the tax repealed. (December 7, 2007)
- In the Seattle Times column Aging Deliberately, Liz Taylor writes a three-week series about the funeral industry and how to be proactive in planning your funeral. She refers to People’s Memorial Association, and People’s Memorial Funeral Cooperative. November 12, 2007; November 19, 2007; November 26, 2007.
- The Funeral Industry publication, Mortuary Management includes an article regarding the 2007 Funeral Home Price Survey (September 2007)
- Seattle Post-Intelligencer article in Business Section on People’s Memorial Funeral Cooperative and 2007 Funeral Home Price Survey. (July 10, 2007)
- The industry publication, Funeral Monitor has a headlining article regarding the opening of People’s Memorial Funeral Cooperative. It is followed with an editorial wake-up call to the funeral industry. (July 9, 2007)
- Seattle Post-Intelligencer article on Home Funerals. (March 2007)
- Press Release of the Day on The Stranger website (March 2007)
- As noted by the Seattle Times (November 2004), People’s Memorial Association produced its 2004 Washington State Funeral Price Survey of funeral homes.
- Seattle Times story on “How to Plan Your Own Funeral” (March 2004) recommends People’s Memorial Association.
- In her column, Growing Older, Seattle Times writer Liz Taylor writes about People’s Memorial Association. (March 2003)